North Carolina Fund
Barnes filed some proof sheets by various activities or components of the North Carolina Fund, including:
- Community Action Technicians
- “Sub-professionals” trained by the North Carolina Fund to assist planning, implementing, and coordinating community action programs.
- Neighborhood Youth Corps
- A federal program created as part of the Economic Opportunity Act of 1964 to provide work for economically disadvantaged youth aged 16 to 21 while training for a job.
- North Carolina Volunteers
- During the summers of 1964 and 1965, the North Carolina Fund recruited and then trained college students known as “North Carolina Volunteers” to participate in community service.
- On-site visits
- Between February 19 and March 20, 1964, teams comprised of members of the North Carolina Fund Board of Trustees and staff traveled to each of the fifty-one communities that submitted proposals for consideration. Photographs in this category document those visitations.
Selecting a category from the list and clicking on “Go” will execute a search on that category.