During your research process, you will collect a lot of information from books, articles, and websites. Sometimes it may be difficult to determine whether a source is appropriate for your research needs. This website is designed to help you evaluate the sources you find in your research. At the top of each section you will find a downloadable quick reference checklist.
This site has three sections: Books, Articles, and Websites. In each section, we will cover the ABCs of critical assessment:
- Audience. For whom is this source intended?
- Accuracy. Is the information in this source correct?
- Bias. Does the information in the source support a particular agenda?
- Credibility. Is the author an expert in this field?
- Currency. Is the information up to date?