The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill's Library Research in the Sciences Tutorial is designed to introduce you to some important science research concepts and guide you in the use of the UNC-Chapel Hill libraries.
This tutorial includes the following sections:
- Introduction provides an overview of the tutorial itself.
- Literature provides an introduction to different types of resources in the scientific literature.
- Searching provides a brief introduction to sources of information, as well as helpful search strategies.
- Accessing describes the various methods for accessing full text articles.
- Reading & Citing describes how to read and evaluate the literature and explains how to cite information.
While the sections are arranged in a logical progression, each section can stand on its own, so it is not necessary to follow them in sequence.
The last section of the tutorial is a quiz. You may be assigned to complete the quiz for class credit.