UNC Library Resources: Connecting from abroad
Many of the same information resources you relied on in Chapel Hill are available when you are conducting research abroad.
You can access the Libraries website at library.unc.edu. This page can help you with many of your information needs, including accessing online articles, finding helpful research guides, and contacting UNC librarians.
The following is a list of resources and guides that we provide for accessing information from on and off-campus.
- The Articles+ tab on the library homepage is a great place to start for multidisciplinary topics.
- You can use our E-Research Tools to find articles in a discipline-specific database.
- Search our E-Journals to see if we subscribe to a journal online.
- You can search the library's catalog to find e-books and other online resources by narrowing your results to "online" under Formats.
- You may find the Searching for Information and Articles sections of the Introduction to Library Research Tutorial helpful for refining your research.
Accessing Library Resources from Off-Campus
If you have problems accessing library resources from off campus, check the library's proxy page for help.
Carolina BLU allows you to request articles and have those articles sent to you electronically. All you have to do is click on the truck icon whenever you see it in the catalog:
If you have any other questions, check on the Carolina BLU/Interlibrary loan webpage.
Getting help while abroad
Now you're prepared to use the resources you will need while you study abroad. Remember, you can always come back to this tutorial for a refresher, or contact a librarian at UNC-Chapel Hill for help. Have a wonderful trip!