Campaigns and Battles
Destruction and Pillage
Economic and Industrial Aspects
Equipment and Supplies
- African Americans
- Camden County, N.C. "Colored troops, under General Wild, liberating slaves in North Carolina." 1864. Harper's Weekly, January 23, 1864, p. 52. View larger. Neg. 80-459. FP3-C582w-A258.
- Craven County, New Bern, N.C. "The campaign in North Carolina--Headquarters of Vincent Collyer, Superintendent of the poor at Newberne--distribution of captured rebel soldiers' clothing to the contrabands." 1862. Frank Leslie's Illustrated Newspaper, June 14, 1862, p. 164. Neg. 81-889. FP1-25-N53-C582w-M67.
- Craven? County, N.C. "A deserted plantation, near Craven, N.C." 1862. Frank Leslie's Illustrated Newspaper, October 11, 1862, p. 45. Neg. 84-231. FP1-80-C89-C582w.
- Craven County, New Bern, N.C. "The effects of the proclamation--Freed negroes coming into our lines at Newbern, North Carolina." 1863. Harper's Weekly, February 21, 1863, p. 116. Neg. 80-426. NCC vault FFCC970.73 B96.
- Dare County, Hatteras Island, N.C. "Hotel de Afrique." 1862. Harper's Weekly, February 15, 1862, p. 101. Neg. 81-334 (part). FP1-28-H36-C582w-N31.2.
- New Hanover County, Wilmington, N.C. "Recruiting office for contrabands on Market Street, Wilmington, N.C." 1865. Frank Leslie's Illustrated Newspaper, April 1, 1865, p. 25. Neg. 84-236. FFP1-65-W74-M678.
- New Hanover County, Wilmington, N.C. "Escaped slaves arriving in Wilmington, N.C." 1865. Frank Leslie's Illustrated Newspaper, April 29, 1865. Neg. 100-127. FP1-65-W74-C582w-A258.
- New Hanover County, Wilmington, N.C. "Fugitive slaves escaping to the protection of our army at Wilmington--scene on the Cape Fear River." 1865. Frank Leslie's Illustrated Newspaper, June 17, 1865, p. 205. Neg. 97-88. FP1-65-W74-C582w-A258.