On a mobile device? Visit http://www.lib.unc.edu/m/
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill University Libraries logo
University Libraries banner

This Day in the History of the
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill


October 19, 1929
The University's new library building, now known as Wilson Library, was dedicated. After its completion, the library's administration and books were moved from the Carnegie Library building, which is now known as Hill Hall, to the new structure. Wilson, which now houses the library's special collections, served as the main library until the opening of Davis Library in 1984.
Top