- Biles, Roger. The South and The New Deal. Lexington: University of Kentucky Press, 1994.
- Cobb, James C. and Michael V. Namorato, eds. The New Deal and the South: Essays. Jackson: University of Mississippi Press, 1984.
- Edsforth, Ronald. The New Deal: America's Response to the Great Depression. Malden: Blackwell Publishers, 2000.
- Mertz, Paul E. New Deal Policy and Southern Rural Poverty. Baton Rouge: Louisiana State Univerity Press, 1978.
- Woog, Adam. Roosevelt and the New Deal. San Diego: Lucent Books, 1998.
- - This site, created by the Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt Institute, is a collection of primary source materials about the public works and arts projects of the New Deal. The site also has a collection of resources for teachers.
- - A brief summary of the New Deal from the PBS documentary site Surviving the Dust Bowl.
- - A collection of copyright-free photographs from the Franklin D. Roosevelt Library and Museum.