Revision as of 16:15, 4 April 2008 by Ngraham
- Andrew, Paige G. Cataloging Sheet Maps: The Basics. New York: The Haworth Press, 2003.
- Mangan, Elizabeth Unger, ed. Cartographic Materials: A Manual of Interpretation for AACR2, 2002 Revision. Second ed. American Library Association: Chicago, 2003.
Map History and Bibliography
- Burden, Philip D. The Mapping of North America: A List of Printed Maps, 1511-1670. Rickmansworth, Herts.: Raleigh Publications, 1996.
- Burden, Philip D. The Mapping of North America II: A List of Printed Maps, 1671-1700. Rickmansworth, Herts.: Raleigh Publications, 2007.
- Cumming, William Patterson, and Louis De Vorsey. The Southeast in Early Maps. 3rd ed. Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press, 1998.
- Library of Congress. Map Division., and P. Lee Phillips. A List of Maps of America in the Library of Congress. Preceded by a List of Works Relating to Cartography. Washington, D.C.: Government Printing Office, 1901.
- Ristow, Walter W. American Maps and Mapmakers: Commercial Cartography in the Nineteenth Century. Detroit: Wayne State University Press, 1985.
- Schwartz, Seymour I., and Ralph E. Ehrenberg. The Mapping of America. New York: H.N. Abrams, 1980.
North Carolina History and Geography
- North Carolina. State Dept. of Archives and History, and David Leroy Corbitt. The Formation of North Carolina Counties, 1663-1943. Raleigh: State Dept. of Archives and History, 1969.
- Powell, William S., Jay Mazzocchi. Encyclopedia of North Carolina. Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press, 2006.
- Powell, William S. North Caorlina Through Four Centuries. Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press, 1989.
- Powell, William S. The North Carolina Gazetteer. Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press, 1968.
North Carolina Maps
- Ristow, Walter. "State Maps of the Southeast to 1833." Southeastern Geographer 6 (1966): 33-40.
- Thornton, Mary Lindsay. "The Price and Strother First Actual Survey of State of North Carolina." North Carolina Historical Review 41.4 (1964): 477-83.
- Williams, Gregory W., Allen S. Johnson, and North Carolina Wesleyan College. Tar Heel Maps: Colony and State 1590-1995. Rocky Mount, N.C.: North Carolina Wesleyan College Press, 1996.