Revision as of 16:44, 29 April 2008 by Ngraham
- Andrew, Paige G. Cataloging Sheet Maps: The Basics. New York: The Haworth Press, 2003.
- Library of Congress. Geography and Map Division. Map Cataloging Manual. Washington, D.C.: Cataloging Distribution Services, Library of Congress, 1991.
- Mangan, Elizabeth Unger, ed. Cartographic Materials: A Manual of Interpretation for AACR2, 2002 Revision. Second ed. Chicago: American Library Association, 2003.
Map History and Bibliography
- Burden, Philip D. The Mapping of North America: A List of Printed Maps, 1511-1670. Rickmansworth, Herts.: Raleigh Publications, 1996.
- Burden, Philip D. The Mapping of North America II: A List of Printed Maps, 1671-1700. Rickmansworth, Herts.: Raleigh Publications, 2007.
- Cumming, William Patterson, and Louis De Vorsey. The Southeast in Early Maps. 3rd ed. Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press, 1998.
- Library of Congress. Map Division., and P. Lee Phillips. A List of Maps of America in the Library of Congress. Preceded by a List of Works Relating to Cartography. Washington, D.C.: Government Printing Office, 1901.
- Ristow, Walter W. American Maps and Mapmakers: Commercial Cartography in the Nineteenth Century. Detroit: Wayne State University Press, 1985.
- Schwartz, Seymour I., and Ralph E. Ehrenberg. The Mapping of America. New York: H.N. Abrams, 1980.
North Carolina History and Geography
- North Carolina. State Dept. of Archives and History, and David Leroy Corbitt. The Formation of North Carolina Counties, 1663-1943. Raleigh: State Dept. of Archives and History, 1969.
- Powell, William S., Jay Mazzocchi. Encyclopedia of North Carolina. Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press, 2006.
- Powell, William S. North Caorlina Through Four Centuries. Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press, 1989.
- Powell, William S. The North Carolina Gazetteer. Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press, 1968.
North Carolina Maps
- Cumming, William P. "Mapping the North Carolina Coast: Sixteenth Century Cartography and the Roanoke Voyages." Raleigh: Department of Cultural Resources, 1988.
- Cumming, William P. "Wimble's Maps and the Colonial Cartography of the North Carolina Coast." North Carolina Historical Review 46, no. 2 (April 1969), pp. 157-170.
- Dembo, Jonathan. The Mouzon Map (1775). Greenville, N.C.: Joyner Library, East Carolina University, 2001.
- Goree, John Arlin. "Price and Strother, Joshua Potts, and the Evolution of 'A Map of Cape Fear River and its Vicinity.'" North Carolina Historical Review 76 no. 4 (Oct. 1999), pp. 391-409.
- Ristow, Walter. "State Maps of the Southeast to 1833." Southeastern Geographer 6 (1966): 33-40.
- Thornton, Mary Lindsay. "The Price and Strother First Actual Survey of State of North Carolina." North Carolina Historical Review 41 no. 4 (1964), pp. 477-483.
- Williams, Gregory W., Allen S. Johnson, and North Carolina Wesleyan College. Tar Heel Maps: Colony and State 1590-1995. Rocky Mount, N.C.: North Carolina Wesleyan College Press, 1996.