Recent Blog Posts:
- Farewell to Records Services Archivist, Lawrence Giffin
- A Sudden Ending and a New Beginning: The Assasination of Martin Luther King, Jr. and the Birth of UNC’s Black Student Movement
- “I don’t know what he means unless it was the bell ringing or the fireball.”
- Caption Contest Winner!
- Caption This! Vote For Your Favorite!
resources for records management liaisons
Records management is the ongoing process of organizing, storing, and destroying information in ways that ensure compliance with applicable legislation and protect the university from legal and financial risk. That is why we require each university office to appoint a records management liaison to oversee the management of that office's records and to communicate changes in records management policy.
The duties of records management liaisons include:
- serving as the main point of contact for UARMS staff;
- working with UARMS staff to archive permanent records;
- using and promoting in their offices the General Records Retention and Disposition Schedule;
- coordinating records management events and participation within their office.
Records Management Services provides support to help liaisons make decisions regarding the organization, maintenance, destruction, and transfer of public records, whether confidential or open to inspection, digital or paper, current or inactive.
For information about establishing a records management program in your department, please refer to the resources below. To register as your department's records management liaison, please fill out this form. If you have any further questions about the retention, destruction, or transfer of your records, do not hesitate to contact us.